Trimble’s Commitment to Online Privacy
[Last Updated: September 26, 2013]
Your right to privacy is important. At Trimble we believe that personal information you choose to furnish online should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality of products, services and support. We display this Privacy Statement to make you aware of the information practices for the Trimble Outdoors websites, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to stay current with changes in our business and/or to better serve you. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to inform yourself of any changes.
This Privacy Statement covers Trimble Outdoors’ family of corporate websites, which include:
Consent to Use and Transfer Personal Data
Please note that if you submit personal data through this Trimble website, you will send it to us (Trimble Navigation Limited) in the United States. We will collect, process and transfer your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement but possibly not in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which your reside. By submitting your personal data through a Trimble website you consent to Trimble's collection, use, storage and transfer of your personal data to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located, for the purposes for which it is submitted and in accordance with the policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Types of Data Collected Online
You can browse the website without entering any personal information. Only general, non-personally identifiable information that Trimble logs from all website visits, such as Internet service provider, operating system/browser type, and pages accessed, will be collected in those instances. This means that a user's session will be tracked, but the user will not be individually identified.
There are times, however, when we or our business partners (such as our external service provider(s) identified below) may need information from you.
For example, you may choose to give us personal information when you:
- Register and subscribe to the services provided through our websites;
- Create and share trip information as a subscriber;
- Purchase products or services;
- Register as a user of Trimble products;
- Make requests for information, materials, customer and other services, and for product support, repairs and upgrades;
- Subscribe to newsletters and online services;
- Enter contests, sweepstakes and other promotions featured through this website;
- Create a user profile to receive future information, special offers and communications.
At such times you may be asked to provide contact and billing information (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date), as well as information about the product or service purchased (e.g., product I.D., serial number, customer number, product version). Demographic or other personal information may also be requested, however, volunteering such information is optional. By providing the information to Trimble you consent to our transfer of this information to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located.
Notice Regarding the Potential Additional Collection of User Data. Data that is stored on your mobile phone or other wireless device will upload from your phone or device and be transmitted to our servers when such upload and transfer is initiated by you or if you have otherwise consented to it, such as when you voluntarily upload and share Trip information as described below. The gathered data may include but is not limited to, track logs (a track log consists of a list of spatial points and the times your Trimble software application was at given spatial points), diagnostics, and information related to advertisements that were viewed on your mobile phone or device, how often they were clicked and how often certain actions such as saving a coupon were performed.
Use of Data
Trimble uses personal information collected on its websites for the purpose for which it is requested or as necessary or permissible under applicable law (e.g., in some jurisdictions we may have to keep invoices under tax laws). We also may use the information you provide to notify you later about new developments with respect to the products and services you have purchased or to inform you about new products, special offers and services offered by Trimble, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Trimble Companies") or its business partners. It is important to note that you may opt out of receiving further information from Trimble, as discussed in detail below. We use non-personal information to analyze sales trend data as it relates to geography, time and demographics.
With Whom We Share Information
In the ordinary course of business Trimble will not sell, trade or rent your individual identifying information to others absent your consent to do so. Trimble may share the personal data you provide online with Trimble Companies and other business partners as described below:
- Affiliated Companies and Business Partners. We work together with affiliated companies and business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described above. For example, an external service provider listed below may host or operate an online Trimble service, or process credit card transactions. When an affiliated company or one of our business partners is involved in a transaction with you, we may share personal identifying information related to this transaction.
- Trimble Authorized Dealers and Distributors. We work with and through members of our distribution channel to provide customers and potential customers with product information and customer service. For example, Trimble may forward the contact information of a potential customer to a Trimble-authorized dealer to respond to a customer inquiry about Trimble products. Or Trimble may forward such contact information to enable a Trimble-authorized dealer to furnish customers with product updates. Trimble requires that its dealers and distributors keep confidential any personal data of customers or potential customers disclosed to them.
- Agents. We use agents to act on our behalf. For example, agents may fulfill orders, provide support, or organize sweepstakes. Agents are only given access to the information necessary to perform their functions and Trimble requires that its agents keep confidential any personal identifying information disclosed to them.
- Mergers and Reorganizations. In the event of a corporate reorganization, such as a merger, acquisition or sale or transfer of assets by Trimble outside the normal course of business, customer information may be transferred to third parties.
- IMPORTANT: Sharing Trips with Others. A principal feature of the service for some of the websites is enabling subscribers to create Trips that may shared with other members of the community and general public. The Trips that you create may incorporate personalized itineraries and routes of trips taken, points of interest, geographic coordinates and waypoints, photographs, etc. As a result, a Trip may contain personal information if you have chosen to include it. Trimble shares such Trips and other content with other companies and enterprises who likewise display and post the Trips on their own or other third-party websites for use by subscribers or the general public. THEREFORE, DO NOT INCORPORATE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE DISCLOSED TO OTHERS IN ANY TRIP YOU CREATE AND SHARE ON THE WEBSITE.
- IMPORTANT: Information disclosed through Forums. Forums and blogs enable visitors to the website to exchange information. All information disclosed in your messages to these Forums (also known as “posts” or “topics”) becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information. Also please note that registered members of the Forums will be able to view the information in your User Profile with the exception of your password and email address.
- Notice About Location Based Services. To provide Services, location-based data related to the operation of your mobile phone or other wireless device used in connection with the Services (“Location Data”) is derived via your Communications Carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from the mobile device. Location Data is used on the mobile software application only while the application is running and in accordance with your privacy and opt-in settings. When you use this software to voluntarily upload and share Trips through the Services, information regarding your geographic location(s) may be accessed and disclosed through the software used with those Services. You agree to notify any other users associated with your website account of this feature. You control when your location is shared with others by managing the settings on the application. You may revoke the foregoing consents within the software application by opting-out of sharing location information through the Services or from your device.
External Service Providers
The following external service provider(s) collect information through our website:
SurveyMonkey.com, a leading outsourced customer satisfaction survey service provider, hosts and operates online surveys for Trimble. When you complete a survey hosted by SurveyMonkey.com, your responses will be stored on the servers owned and operated by this company. According to the privacy statement of SurveyMonkey.com, this company will not use the information collected from our surveys in any way, shape or form. SurveyMonkey.com has been certified to meet Safe Harbor privacy requirements on November 29, 2004 and placed on the Safe Harbor list of companies accordingly. This list can be found at: .
Please note that our websites contain links to other websites. When you access a third party's website, even one that may contain the Trimble logo and content regarding Trimble's products and services, please understand that the website is independent of Trimble. We do not control the privacy policies of any third party websites. If you click-through a banner ad or link to a third party website and submit your information, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those third parties. We assume no responsibility or liability for any third party policies or the actions of third parties. A link to a third-party website is not an endorsement.
Trimble will not share personal identifying information provided to us online except as stated above without allowing you the opportunity of consenting to or opting out of such disclosures. When you place an order for Trimble products, register as a user of Trimble products, services or promotions, or when you submit a user profile you are given the opportunity of notifying us as to whether you would like to receive future information, special offers and communications via email. All unsolicited email marketing and promotional communications contain an opportunity for you to decline future communications. Additionally, at any time you can opt-out of receiving such further information from Trimble by sending your opt-out request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the case of MyTopo or Terrain Navigator products to email@example.com. Trimble will use its best efforts to comply promptly with all such requests.
Protection of Children's Personal Information
The website is a general audience website and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
Cookies and Options for Controlling Use of Your Personal Information
You should be aware
that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online in a public area,
such information can be collected and used by others. We do not control the
actions of our visitors and registered users. If you disclose personal
information in a review, bulletin board or any other publicly accessible
portion of a Trimble website, you do so at your own risk and you understand
that your submitted information may be collected and used by others to send you
unsolicited messages or advertisements, or for other purposes. Please remember
that protection of your privacy begins with you. You are solely responsible for
maintaining the secrecy of any password you use, and you should always be
careful and responsible whenever disclosing information online. Although we
will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the privacy of your
personal information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be
made absolutely secure. Trimble assumes no liability for the disclosure of data
due to errors in transmission or actions of unauthorized third parties. Trimble
cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or
from our services.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
You can access or ask for corrections of your personally identifiable information that we collect and maintain in retrievable form by following the procedure below. If you have included any personally identifiable information in a Trip that you have opted to share on the website then you are solely responsible for editing, modifying or deleting that personal information. Please be aware that any such edits, modifications or deletions of previously posted Trips will only apply prospectively.
1. Contact support@Trimbleoutdoors.com, or in the case of MyTopo or Terrain Navigator products to firstname.lastname@example.org, for general requests by sending a detailed message explaining your request including:
- Full contact information (your name, street address, e-mail address, telephone number).
- Details of the request (e.g. change of e-mail address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of personal information, etc.). Please be very specific about the concerns that led to your request.
2. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to information or making corrections.
3. We reserve the right to decline unreasonable requests for information access and correction. If this right is exercised, we will inform you about the reasons for which your request is declined and explain to you a dispute resolution process should you wish to use it.
4. If the information to which access is requested is not maintained in a retrievable form, we will explain why access cannot be provided and how this type of information is collected and used.
5. If the information to which access is requested is maintained in a retrievable form, we will respond to your request within ten working days. Access to the information will be provided in the form of disclosure and will not involve your direct access to our data repositories, on-line or off-line.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement and How to Contact Us
By using the website, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree or are not comfortable with any portion of this Privacy Statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of the website. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Your continued use of any portion of the website following notification or posting of such changes will constitute your acceptance of the amended Privacy Statement. If you have requests or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement you may contact us at support@Trimbleoutdoors.com, or in the case of MyTopo or Terrain Navigator products to email@example.com.